Comprehensive Plan Task Force
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes | View Agendas and Minutes From 2011 and Older
The Town of Wheatfield adopted an updated Comprehensive Plan in 2004; which now in accordance with that document should be implemented. The Comprehensive Plan Committee (an implementation action of the Comprehensive Plan) will ensure that the plan’s implementation actions are formulated in a timely manner, and are in conformance with the plan and it’s goals:
- To carefully plan for and manage new growth to take advantage of existing assists while minimizing potential negative impacts
- To ensure a safe transportation network that can accommodate the needs of both automotive and non-automotive travel
- To maintain and preserve community character
- To promote attractive and well planed development
- To protect important open space, environmental and recreational assets in the Town of Wheatfield
The Task Force
The Comprehensive Plan Task Force is Co-Chaired by Councilmen Art Gerbec and Councilmen Randy Retzlaff along with Facilitator Richard Muscatello.
The Committee is also comprised of 7 additional members along with 5 resource members and recording Secretary Melissa Germann.
The Comprehensive Planning Implementation Task Force, with its officers and resource personnel, consists of 7 subordinate Focus Groups with their own members. Focus Group leaders are voting members of the Task Force. Subordinate Focus Groups are:
- Agriculture - 4th Tuesday
- Business Development - 3rd Thursday
- Disaster Planning/Emergency Management - Date to be announced
- Greenspace - 4th Tuesday
- Parks and Recreation - 3rd Thursday
- Town Center - 3rd Tuesday
- Veterans Memorial - 2rd Thursday
- Comprehensive Planning Task Force - 4th Thursday