Modern Disposal Services For more information, contact Modern at 800-330-7107.
Modern will collect up to 6 containers of waste each week from all 1, 2 or 3 unit residences. These 6 containers may be 20 gallon garbage cans or plastic bags. Businesses and larger apartment buildings must make their own arrangements for refuse collection.
Modern will also collect 1 bulky waste item and 1 white good per residence per week. This would include appliances, furniture such as couches or chairs, etc.
Modern will not pick up unacceptable waste. This would include:
- Biomedical or radioactive materials
- Dead animals
- Fecal material
- Flammable or explosive materials
- Toxic or hazardous materials
Collection Dates & Areas
2017 Holiday Schedule
The following are the “normal service” refuse collection schedule and routes with a link to basic surface map boundaries:
- Monday (PDF): Moyer and Schultz Road East to Town of Pendleton, including Townline Road and from Niagara Falls Boulevard Arnold Drive area North to Lockport Road
- Tuesday (PDF): Niagara Falls Boulevard North to Lockport Road and from West of Ward Road to Town of Niagara
- Wednesday (PDF): Niagara Falls Boulevard North to Town of Cambria and from Ward Road East to Shawnee
- Thursday (PDF): South of Niagara Falls Boulevard to River Road and from Ward Road to 102nd Street and the Town of Niagara
- Friday (PDF): South of Niagara Falls Boulevard to North Tonawanda and from East of Ward Road to Nash including Knoll Drive
Modern will handle the collection of recyclable materials which are placed into totes supplied by the Town. Literature regarding recyclable materials is available from the Town Clerk and on the totes themselves. Recycling will be picked up on alternating weeks according to a specified schedule. For a full list of recycling instructions click the recycling link in the menu on the left.
The Town will regularly collect brush and small tree branches when placed in piles at the edge of the street. In the fall, the Town will also collect leaves by vacuum when placed in piles near the edge of the street.
The Town will accept electronic waste items such as computers, radios and TV sets. Bring these to the Water and Sewer Department on Niagara Falls during business hours.
Note: Picture ID as proof of residency is now required
The Town will accept old tires for recycling at the Highway Garage on Ward Road during business hours.
The Town will also collect dead animals and dispose of them. Please call the Highway Department at 716-692-3508 when you see a dead animal.
Niagara County will accept residential hazardous, chemical and medical waste at various locations each year. Please check the Niagara County website for such times and places. Occasionally these may be held in Wheatfield.